See us in the news!
Hawaii Monitor: Shifting the Sands to Evade Waikiki’s Zoning Limits
Jun 11, 2014Civil Beat
- The hotel company Kyo-ya is using a nonexistent shoreline to get around restrictions on building heights.
Words and Actions, Purple Spot Edition
Feb 16, 2012Civil Beat
- Honolulu City Council's campaign pledges then and now
Mauna Kea–Sacred Summit or Cash Cow? Controversy over the Thirty Meter Telescope
Sep 14, 2011Honolulu Weekly
- Are the contributions of astronomy worth the actual costs?
Community Comes to Defense of Ag Land
Jan 11, 2011Hawaii Independent
- Experts and long-time residents emphasize Lualualei Valley’s cultural and agricultural significance in testimony to the State Land Use Commission (LUC).
The Lost Lands of `Ainalani
Oct 10, 2010FLUX magazine
- What do we do when our `ainalani, our heavenly land, looks no different than any other major metropolitan city? What do we tell the thousands of vacationers, who visit our islands for its inherent natural beauty, when our beaches are eroded upon and steel and concrete weigh down too heavily on our sacred land, our beautiful land?
Residents Oppose Nanakuli Light Industrial Park
Aug 18, 2010KITV
- Leeward Coast residents joining forces to oppose a proposed light industrial park in Nanakuli.