Dec 08, 2012
- After more than 13 months, on November 30, 2012, hearings officer Paul Aoki has finally released his report recommending that the Board of Land and Natural Resources affirm its decision to grant the University of Hawai'i a conservation district use permit to construct the 18-story high Thirty-Meter Telescope (TMT) and an access way on 6.2 pristine acres of the sacred cultural landscape of Mauna Kea (Mauna a Wakea).
Jun 25, 2012
Contact: Miyoko Sakashita, (415) 632-5308The National Marine Fisheries Service announced today that it needs six more months to decide how much habitat to protect for critically endangered Hawaiian monk seals.
May 09, 2012
- KAHEA receives OHA Kauhale grant to continue environmental justice work in Wai`anae
Mar 15, 2012
- Federal Appeals Court Upholds Limits on Sea Turtle Deaths in Hawai`i’s Longline Fishery
Feb 13, 2013Hawaii Tribune Herald
- Dozens of supporters, and an even larger cadre of opponents, lined the streets outside and the hallways inside the Hawaii County Building in Hilo on Tuesday morning in anticipation of the final hearing for a construction permit for the Thirty Meter Telescope before the state Board of Land and Natural Resources.
Feb 11, 2013Hawaii Tribune Herald
- The state Board of Land and Natural Resources will hear testimony Tuesday at 11 a.m. concerning the long-debated, $1.3 billion Thirty Meter Telescope project planned for the summit of Mauna Kea.
Jan 31, 2013West Hawaii Today
- Land Board is next step for 30-meter telescope
Feb 16, 2012Civil Beat
- Honolulu City Council's campaign pledges then and now